Private Transfers vs. Shared Shuttles
When planning a trip to a location for the first time, there is always a level of anxiety or feeling of uncertainty. That is something you don’t want to experience, especially when you are on a holiday, trying to have fun and relax. The good news is that these feelings vanish when you start your vacation right. The perfect way to start your vacation with the right foot is by hiring a private airport transportation service. This article will provide information on the advantages of hiring this transportation service vs. a shared shuttle transfer.
Private Transfers are a more personal way of transportation and tailored to your needs. You need to make arrangements in advance, online booking, and you will get a “door-to-door” service. Depending on how many people in your party, you can book standard sedan cars and minivans, or a bus if you’re a larger group. Although you bear the total cost for the transfer as you are not riding with strangers, in most cases the price may not differ significantly compared to the shared airport transfer, so it’s good to make a cost-benefit analysis before making a decision.
• There is no timetable – You choose the booking time according to your departure/arrival and the airport transfer provider tracks the flight, so in the case of a delay, they will adjust the transfer. This eases time-management planning and eases the stress in case of unplanned events.
• Comfort and Security– No stops, no pickups of other passengers, it’s only you from the pickup point you choose to your destination. You can just relax and enjoy your ride as you are not riding in a vehicle with strangers you do not know.
• The transfer time is considerably shorter – It’s a door-to-door service, so the transfer time compared to the shared airport transfer makes a difference. If your trip is time-sensitive or you don’t like waiting, then this is your better option. Shared shuttles make stops along the way and have no definite pickup or drop off time. In some cases you could be either waiting or riding on a vehicle for several hours.
• More cost effective than shared transfer when there are several passengers – Depending on the number of people you’re traveling with, when you make the calculation per head, it may turn out to be more cost effective than the shared airport transfer. This way you can enjoy the benefits and comfort of the private airport transfer and still save money as it is not a per person rate.
• Monitoring of your flight – When booking a private transfers versus a shared shuttle, we monitor your flight to make sure your flight is taking off on time. If delayed as mentioned above, your pickup time is adjusted at the airport. Shared shuttles however do not monitor your flight and you may lose your transfer completely if you don’t arrive on time.
• The cost is born by fewer passengers – The cost varies on the number of passengers using the private airport transfer and you need to calculate it and decide if it fits your budget.
Shared Shuttle Transfers
Shared Shuttle Transfers are a more cost-effective way of transport. It involves a predefined timetable with multiple stops. If you’re traveling alone and you’re looking to save money, this is a good option to consider. However, you will need to check if your accommodation is close to one of the stops, otherwise, you will need additional transport to your final destination point and this can be tricky especially if you’re in a city for the first time. They also do not monitor your flight and in many cases make no allowance for any delays or cancellations.
• Lower cost if you’re traveling alone – The cost is per passenger and basically the total cost for the airport transfer is split, so if you’re a sole traveler it is more cost effective.
• Meeting new people – You’ll be sharing your airport transfer with people from different parts of the world, so it may be a fun way to make new friends on your way to your destination. However this is also a disadvantage if one doesn’t like sharing a ride with strangers.
• Time flexibility – The shared transfer provider has a timetable and this means that sometimes there may be a time gap between landing and getting to your final destination. You may have to wait a considerable time before your shuttle shows up. You may also be on the vehicle in some cases hours before you reach your destination. Additionally, if your flight is delayed or canceled, you may have no ride at all, then having to re-book another ride at additional expense.
• Fixed points – Many shared shuttles make stops at predefined locations and you may need to check if you need additional transport to your destination point. This may add additional cost, so it’s important to check and plan accordingly.
• Security and Terms – You are riding on a vehicle with strangers, with no idea where you’re being driven to or with whom is on the vehicle. This can be a particularly uneasy experience in a location you are not familiar with. Shared shuttles in most cases are non-refundable for any reason once reserved, unlike a private transfer which is subject to the companies terms.
CP Transfers has only Private Transfers available worldwide. We do not offer nor have available shared shuttle transfers. We do hear from people; “I take shared shuttles and there has never been a problem“. That may be correct, however there is never a problem until there is one. Nothing says fun and exciting as being at an airport late night due to a flight delay with no ride in a strange city you don’t know and in some cases in a country where you don’t speak the language. Do you really want to start your vacation off this way? Is saving a few dollars worth it? Those are questions that need to be asked while making your decision.